Sunday, June 19, 2011

I love jobs that exhaust me :)

Right now I am at home instead of at girl staff because I am trying to get rid of my sore throat that I got last night. And I am determined to get over it so I can start working again tomorrow. :) But anyhow, I would just like to say that God is awesome. Here is a few reasons why from my first week of camp...

This summer I am the recreation director & it freaked me out to be in charge for the first time last week but all in all, I think it was a good first three days of rec considering it was our first time doing different games with the kids. On the first day we have a scavenger hunt & I remember I was at the climbing wall & I was just checking in on a group to make sure everything was running smoothly. Then a little girl, who couldn't have been older than 1st or 2nd grade got my attention & said..."You're...you're really pretty." One of the cutest things ever! Especially because during the day, its sometimes hard to feel like that about myself because I don't really wear makeup. But for a little girl, because we all know kids LOVE to tell the truth & don't sugarcoat anything, to say that to me, can you say confidence boost? :D

Another reason is still in the process each day. :) This past week was a different kind of challenge. I always love it when I get the opportunity to sing in chapel, which in the past was like three times in a week out of an eight. My friend Jarod is in charge of the band this summer, & he is doing an awesome job I must say, & he asked if I would mind singing Monday night so of course I said i wouldn't. Then Tuesday afternoon chapel came around & he asked me again because our only other regular girl singer didn't feel comfortable enough with the words yet. So basically what happened is that I sang eight out of eight times last week in chapel, even by myself on some of the songs. Jarod said it might continue to be that way until girls get the courage to sing. Even though I love singing, it is completely different doing it day after day because a few times this week I messed up some lyrics & didn't feel so confident in my abilities to lead worship. But I have a feeling God is teaching me that it isn't about how I sound, its about who I am singing to.

Those are just two really cool things from last week. Please pray for my voice, I need it for rec, worship, performing a skit every night, & of course to minister to the children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home