Monday, May 3, 2010

Wow. What is happening with our churches?

So its exam week for me, but I can't really focus on that. God has given me alot to think about lately. Like below.

Disciple Now weekend is coming up next weekend, & to shake things up a little bit, some teenagers in the youth group decided that we needed to have a youth Sunday. So the Sunday on that weekend, the youth are going to be taking the place of alot of adults. Like we'll be in charge of almost the entire service. Well I was in youth choir yesterday & our music director was talking about how Eddy (our youth pastor) needed people to lead worship, & possibly preach. Well some of the girls, me included, were talking about who could do what in each service. We were getting excited about it! Then, one of the boys in my grade started saying how its not a woman place to lead worship or preach. Well alot of the girls started getting mad. But the guy definitely wasn't backing down.

Then we went to youth worship, where Eddy talked about what was going on with Disciple Now. Now honestly, I had no idea my church was Southern Baptist. I knew we were Baptist but thats it. I mean I don't really pay much attention to all those names. As long as the church believe that Jesus is the way, the truth, & the life, we're good. But as it turns out, my church believes the same. That a woman cannot lead worship or preach to the congregation. Needless to say, I was mad. I had no idea that it was an issue, not just with my church, but with alot of Baptist!

God works through all people. Male & female. And if God gave a woman a burden to share something from the scripture to her church, why should anyone stop her? I completely honor that a man is suppose to be the head of the household, I know without a doubt that is God's will. But when its comes just to being a Christian, why do people judge gender still?! I don't understand it, what makes a man more powerful than a woman in the world's eyes to share gospel? God sees us all as the same. He loves every single one of us the same way. I love my church, don't get me wrong, I really do. But I'm frustrated that certain people think that women can't preach the word of God.

Oh God. What is happening with Your church?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 5, 2010 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Cydney said...

I think that if this is really bothering you, maybe you should look in the Bible & see if scripture lines up with what you're thinking. I understand how this would bother you. I don't see anything wrong with women sharing a word, or women leading worship, or being teachers of the word, or prophets. But i think it says in the Bible somewhere that a woman shouldn't be the head of the church. but if God gives anyone a word- men or women- they should share it. not as the head of a church or a preacher, but as a servant of Christ. but look at 1 Timothy 2:12.

 
At May 6, 2010 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Hope said...

Oh believe me, I have looking in the Bible. And I think what I have found so far is theres a woman named Deborbah who had a gift for Evangelism. I'm still going to look more into it. But I do agree that a women shouldn't be the head of the church. but just when it comes to sharing God's word, I mean seriously. :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home